Paropakar Maternity and Women's Hospital, Thapathali, Kathmandu, popularly known as PRASUTI GRIHA was established on August 1959 with the initiative taken by Paropakar (a non-governmental community-based organization), Late King Mahendra (Then HRH Crown Prince) in memory of Late Indra Rajya Laxmi Devi Shah (Then HRH Crown Princess), who died due to pregnancy related causes, The hospital was renamed as "Paropakar Maternity & Women's Hospital since 2nd December 2007 (16th Mangsir 2064) in place of 'Paropakar Shree Panch Indra Rajya Laxmi Maternity Hospital'. It is situated on the north bank of the Bagmati river, near Thapathali Bridge, in its own spacious land.
It is a tertiary central hospital with 415 beds out of which 336 are allocated to indoor admission of which 241 are Obstetrics 61 are gynae and 34 are for new born. 79 are service beds. It has a staff capacity of 627 of which 54 is doctors 172 nurses, 40 paramedical, 82 administrative and finance, 247 support staff, and 27 others. Security services and general cleaning of this hospital has been outsourced, Residential facilities are available for doctors and nurses working in the hospital and in addition, there is a hostel for duty doctor as well as residents.Read More